The Magnador Champion
The Magnador Champion gate is designed to meet the high safety demands and concerns of those living and/or working in ultrahigh-risk areas and is a step up from the high risk Magnador Standard gate. The stronger and greater the build quality of a security barrier, the greater becomes its value as your deterrent of choice and this is where the Magnador Champion delivers that extra edge – a top-of-the-line crime barrier, second to none.
The Magnador Champion goes above and beyond the Magnador normal standards of the security industry – in itself, a first-class security gate – in various ways:
- It makes use of double locks, one being a Trigger Slam lock with automatic dead-lock function; the other, a manual stainless steel dead hook lock for after-hours use or greater access protection, as required.
- The gauge steel used in the uprights is 1.2 mm thick for extra strength; the lock bar is made from 2mm gauge steel.
- The cover trimmer of the lock channel wraps over the lock bar by 30 mm, thereby making it more difficult to breach.
- Due to its already established strength and hardness, the gate fastenings are constructed of stainless steel rivets (no aluminium or brass), rendering the gate more difficult to penetrate.
- Magnador is the only company to use tempered, roll-hardened cross-bracing – 2 & a half times stronger than ordinary mild steel – the Magnador Champion comes with 4 rows of braces.
- In addition to this, there are further features that we build into each of our gates that ensure you receive the expected strength and durability.
This gate is ideal for commercial and industrial areas, banks, high street shops and restaurants, medical facilities, military offices and cash offices.
A metal zinc-cast, dove-tailed guide is used in the bottom track to support the double uprights. This allows for a telescopic guiding action when opening and closing the gate, eliminating the need for spaces between the doors with added compatibility for unevenness of flooring.
Technical Specifications of the Magnador Champion
- An all-steel construction for superior strength.
- Row of double uprights 12.7 mm x 12.7 mm x 1.2mm gauge steel.
- Fully galvanised Z275 galv. coating (32 microns thick) for rust protection and a longer life expectancy.
- 4 rows of cross-braces – temper-roll-hardened for extra strength and zinc-electroplate-galvanised.
- Four-sided steel frame allows for a more precise reveal fitting without any spaces, making leveraging more difficult.
- Pre-lubricated sealed steel roller bearings and axles are used (no plastic or Nylon) with double-sided roller bearings fitted.
- A low-profile half-moon shape bottom track, top track and lock cover are manufactured with 180-degree folds (Dutch Bends) to ensure greater strength, improved paint adhesion on the edges for higher resistance to corrosion, especially in coastal areas, and presenting an attractive appearance with softer, rounded edges.
- Exterior Polyester epoxy powder coating (no less than 80 microns thick), in a choice of colours, further enhancing the appearance of the gate and is fade-resistant.
- Fixing points are well concealed to reduce easy access.
- The locking cylinder has a 45-degree cam making it tougher to dislodge the cylinder when struck by heavy hammers or other objects.
To discuss your options for homes or offices with our team, feel free to get in touch.