Seeking retractable security gates? Look no further than the Magnador Standard
The Magnador Standard gate promises an outstanding standard of excellence within our range of retractable security gates and doors. This product offers higher levels of protection than standard security gates. These gates are most suitable for customers that find themselves in high-risk areas, offering a first line of defence to protect their home, person, office or factory.
Our Magnador Standard security gate is suitable for high risk areas, where a neat but secure barrier is required. When in the open position, the double upright range of this security gate has the least amount of stack. This gate is manufactured with two four sided uprights with a top and bottom track and fitted with a stainless steel slam lock featuring an auto dead-lock function.
The Magnador Standard draws its strength in part from an all-steel construction, its double row of 12.7mm x 12.7mm uprights, as well as the extra Nylon bushes which are fitted between the uprights for added rigidity and strength.
Each door comes standard with our patented stainless steel slam lock (a trigger slam lock with automatic dead-lock function) for extra strength and a greater life expectancy.
The double row of uprights lends itself to a neater, less cluttered appearance, as the cross-brace fixings are concealed from view between the uprights. The door is fixed to the reveal in such a way that the fixing points are concealed. The aesthetics of the door are further enhanced by the fact that the door face has no pop rivets or nylon components exposed making for a smoother, more aesthetically attractive finish.
Steel axles with steel roller bearings are used in the top track to ensure a smooth sliding motion, a longer lifespan and greater strength.
A metal zinc-cast, dove-tailed guide is used in the bottom track to support the double uprights. This allows for a telescopic guiding action when opening and closing the door, eliminating the need for spaces between the doors with added compatibility for unevenness of flooring.
Technical Specifications of the Magnador Standard
- An all-steel construction for superior strength
- Steel now 30% thicker
- Row of double steel uprights; 12.7 mm x 12.7 mm x 12.mm gauge
- Fully galvanised Z275 galv. coating (32 microns thick) for rust protection and a longer life expectancy
- 3 rows of cross-braces – temper-roll-hardened for extra strength and zinc-electroplate-galvanised
- Four-sided steel frame allows for a more precise reveal fitting without any spaces that makes leveraging more difficult
- Pre-lubricated sealed steel roller bearings and axles are used (no plastic or Nylon) with double-sided bearings fitted
- A low-profile half-moon shape bottom track, top track and lock cover are manufactured with 180-degree folds (Dutch Bends) to ensure greater strength, improved paint adhesion on the edges for higher resistance to corrosion (especially in coastal areas) and affording an attractive appearance with softer, rounded edges
- Exterior Polyester powder coating (no less than 80 microns thick), in a choice of colours, further enhances the appearance of the gate and is fade-resistant
- Fixing points are well concealed to reduce easy access
- The locking cylinder has a 45-degree cam making it far more difficult to dislodge the cylinder when struck by heavy hammers or other objects
Magnador security gates are normally fitted inside the reveal and in normal practice where there is no reveal or support fixing present, a steel beam is used to provide a professional finish with a good secure fixing for the site. All doors, windows, patios, shop fronts, counters, bar serving areas, canteens, offices or arch openings can be fitted with Magnador or its complimentary range of other products.
On average Magnador occupies no more than 20% of the width of the opening and if this is a hindrance, a face on fitting can be made to allow the Magnador to slide beside the wall, leaving the opening free of any stack. The bottom track is of a non-trip design, 99% of the bottom tracks are fitted to the floor surface. If this is not acceptable, the track can usually be fitted into a recess prepared by us, or others to provide a level plane.
Magnador is secured to the site by using UL 8 plugs and galvanised coach bolts. Fixing points are not readily visible or accessible, and renders the removal of these items, or tampering thereof, with extreme difficulty.
Magnador is able to provide a lock mechanism, that operates electrically, for convenient access control.
Magnador warrantees its workmanship and materials for 5 years for products even installed at coastal regions. All items are made from the best quality galvanised materials to ensure maximum strength, and the least possible risk of corrosion.
Magnador offers prompt service to the highest standard possible. In the event of a forced entry Magnador does not have to be replaced at high cost but can be repaired usually within 24 hours of any workday.
Magnador attempts to attain the highest standards in all areas of its operations and is dedicated to its customers the best possible product, service and integrity. Our products are engineered to last and are back up by impeccable service and after-sales service. We are the trusted name in South African security.
To find out more about this security gate, or any of our other retractable security gates and doors, please feel free to contact our team via phone or email. Alternatively, request a quote by filling in our online form.